Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Video Games and Story Telling

I think that recently video games have allowed stories to be told in a new way. Film has time constraints that force screen writers to put lots of information into a single scene. Video games allow us to have empathy for characters in a way that films do not.

As I have said, Star Wars is of my favorite films. I was very excited to learn of Star Wars: The Old Republic. It is an MMORPG that is story based with a moral choice system in dialogue. I enjoyed the gameplay, but the cut scenes were really what I was playing for.


A universe created by a filmmaker has been enriched by the stories within this game. Sets, costuming, and props aren't a problem here. It's all digital information.

I recommend this to any gamer that is a fan of Star Wars.

No comments:

Post a Comment